Architectural Designer|CAD Technician Opening
Do you have a background as an Architectural Designer/CAD Technician? Are you in the market for an amazing career path of self-empowerment, continuous learning, and professional growth inside the Construction industry? More importantly, are you ready to step up your game?
If you think this is you…keep reading!
Lakewood Construction is looking for an awesome Architectural Designer/CAD Technician to jump in and join our Pre-construction Services team. The person we need to fill these boots will be primarily responsible for supporting our in-house design process from inception to completion of documents. We want someone excited about working alongside our Leadership team in supporting our overall long-term vision and in growing this position and a career at Lakewood Construction.
A Little Bit About Us
Lakewood Construction? Dynamic. Growing. Best in class. We always go the distance plus one. Our foundation is built on trust and being transparent. Our team is the best of the best—hands down. We’ve been in business since 1971, and our clients are world-class—the best of the best in their industries: Industrial/Manufacturing, Healthcare, Education, Commercial, & Worship. Being both a National, most recently, and a West Michigan Best & Brightest Company consistently for the past five years validates the level of passion we have for the why and the how of what we do. And, our community is important to us, too—we like to give back.
Experience and Qualifications Required
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Architecture or Associates Degree in Architectural Drafting.
• Three (3) years minimum of industry experience.
• Communication is key: Excellent written, verbal, listening, presentation, and organizational skills.
• Be action-oriented, self-motivated, a self-starter, confident—a “make-it-happen” person.
• Be a team player with a great attitude.
• Multi-functional: See the “big picture” and able to dial in on the details.
• Proficient in relevant Computer-Aided Design programs: AutoCAD, Revit, Sketchup, etc.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Bluebeam, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.
• Assist Project Architect from inception to completion of construction documents.
• Convert basic schematics, renderings, 3D models, and design sketches into detailed construction documents and specifications.
• Perform programing, code review, material selections, and building systems research.
• Provide product knowledge and technical support for the project managers.
• Work closely with the Sales and Marketing teams to create renderings, site layouts, and other graphics as needed to support
• Ability to multi-task and manage project deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Salary level varies and will depend upon educational background and prior experience.
This is it and us in a nutshell. If you think you’re the person for this job, we’d like to talk to you!
Please send your resume and portfolio of project examples to Chad Nienhuis, Director of Pre-Construction Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 616-392-6923 for more information.
Lakewood Construction is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to safety, workplace diversity, and a drug-free workplace.