Experienced Corporate Controller
It’s truly accrual world. Our Controller is counting down the days until he retires and collects a well-deserved return on investment. Which puts us in the position of needing a new Controller--someone who has a “boots on the ground” attitude and a drive that helps us continue building our vision of being the best construction management firm in West Michigan! If you think you are that person—let’s talk!
The ideal candidate for the Controller position will be responsible for managing our day-to-day operational accounting/financial activities and in ensuring Lakewood is an efficient and financially-solvent machine. We want someone excited about working alongside our Leadership team in supporting our overall long-term vision, as well as excited about growing the position and their career at Lakewood.
The Controller will be responsible for managing all accounting operations including AR, AP, GL, Cost Accounting, and Revenue Recognition. The Controller will be viewed as a strategic partner to the President/CEO and management of the company and will help support the company’s visions and goals. The Controller will be responsible for coordinating and producing timely and accurate Accounting/Finance reports, including monthly and yearly financials, forecasts and budgets, collaborating with the management team on a regular basis to ensure usefulness of the information.
S/He will guide financial activities by creating and enforcing policies and procedures. Additionally, the controller will interact with the bank and will oversee the annual audit. S/He will work closely with department leaders including IT, HR, and Operations to understand issues impacting the company and educate/inform on cost drivers and variances.
The ideal Controller is someone who can improve the Accounting/Finance foundation and increase accountability across the department, resulting in consistent and accurate data to promote visibility for future growth. This position will report to the President/CEO.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Prepare and manage the month-end close including the monthly billing cycle, preparing Journal Entries as needed, reconciling all
accounts, preparation of financial statements, analyzing the financial statements and variances and ensuring the financial reporting is
accurate and delivered on time.
- Maintain computerized accounting and job cost system.
- Manage the cash flow projection process and reporting.
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Maintain all transactions and accounting for small, related company.
- Communicate and provide information to the Corporate CPA for year-end reviewed financial statements and corporate tax returns.
- Maintain various reports for President/CEO (Business KPI’s, Metrics, etc.).
- Evaluate accounting/finance system and determine if new ERP system is needed.
- Prepare and file all required Federal/State taxes and financial reports.
- Oversee three direct reports of Payroll & Benefits, Accounts Receivables/Payable operations, and Front Desk personnel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- 5+ years of experience as an Accounting Manager or Controller.
- Construction accounting experience a plus.
If this is you, please send your resume to email@example.com or call us at 616-392-6923 for more information.
Lakewood Construction provides a challenging and rewarding work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to safety, workplace diversity, and a drug-free workplace.