Construction Management Services
Lakewood has refined the process of construction management down to a science. It’s a particular passion of ours—one in which we can honestly say is an award-winning project delivery system we’ve honed over time and have become known for throughout West Michigan.
Construction Management. What is it, and How Do You Benefit?
Our construction management professionals have intricate and large-scale experience in healthcare, industrial, commercial, education, municipal & utility, and worship environments. We’re builders first, so we understand how a building goes together. We’re also well-versed in whether or not the overall fit, feel and function of your building is going to work. We’re detailed about materials and equipment procurement, schedules & coordination, and budgets. Most importantly, we’re sticklers for overall quality.
We work with some of the best and most highly regarded trades in the industry. What that means for you: estimates and final costs are accurate and fair, schedules are maintained, craftsmanship is top-notch, corners on quality are never cut, and jobsite safety is always on the forefront.
We have carefully defined and developed the latest in construction management processes—we manage with leading-edge technology on an old school foundation—to get your vision up and going, keep it fluid, and delivering it to you on the date we promised and within your bottom-line number.
The types of construction management services we offer include:
- Construction Manager As Agent: reports directly to you, and we function on your behalf in every stage of the project (you as the owner holds all of the contracts with trades and contractors). In this capacity, we are able to offer unbiased, solid advice on any situation or scenario that may occur throughout the project.
- Construction Manager At Risk: is a delivery method in which we are committed to delivering your project within a Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP). During Design and Pre-construction, we are your consultant, but once we enter into procurement, construction, and post-construction phases, we become the equivalent of your general contractor. The benefit for At Risk is, as we act in your best interest while additionally protecting you from exceeding the GMP.
- Design | Build: In the Design | Build method, you, as the owner, contract with a single entity to provide both the design and construction of your project . The purpose of Design | Build is to align both the architect and contractor early on in the budgeting, programming, and financing phases of the project. It also promotes review of the design as it proceeds for constructability and cost of construction. Typically fast - track construction, Design |Build projects are often more cost - effective and less susceptible to delays in the work than traditional projects. The biggest advantage for you is there is one party for both design and the construction. Any situations that may occur during the course of construction is the responsibility of the Design | Build team. With the architect and contractor being on the same team, many owners experience minimal disputes and insurance companies see a reduction in claims.
THE LAKEWOOD DIFFERENCE
- We know the challenge is in the details.
- We know what you’re building and why.
- We have a proven process.
- Fewer Change Orders
- Lower Material Costs
- Time Efficiency